Friday Special that melts in your mouth.
1-large diced onion
- 1-large green bell pepper diced
- 4-stalks celery diced
- 2- cloves garlic minced
- 2-bunches of green onion diced
- 1 1/2- sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 11/2-Tbls Creole seasoning
- 2-Tbls tomato sauce
- 1 Lb cooked crawfish tail meat
- 2-4 cups water
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
4-6 whole catfish filets
- Killer Hogs A.P. seasoning
- Fish batter can be home made or I used Louisiana seasoned fish fry
Rice: cook to box instructions (we used white minute rice)
In a large skillet on medium high heat melt butter and saute onion, bell pepper, celery until soft.
- Add in garlic and green onion for the last minute or two, do not burn the garlic.
- Add in flour and cook on medium for 2 minutes
- Add in the tomato sauce
- Reduce heat to low and add in the water slowly and stir constantly until thickened. Add in more water until you reach a consistency of a thin gravy.
- Add in the cooked crawfish and stir well.
Dry catfish with paper towels
- Lightly season both sides of catfish with Killer Hogs A.P.
- Put the fish fry batter into a sack or zip lock bag
- Heat oil in fryer to 350-375
- Drop filets in bag with batter and shake well
- Once all the fish is coated with batter put them in the hot oil.
- Cook until the filets flaot and the ends curl up.
- Drain on a cooling rack.
Put 2 big spoons of rice on a plate first then add 1 whole filet of catfish and top with 2 big spoons of Etouffe.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.