Deer Camp Biscuits & Gravy
Biscuits and gravy perfect for your deer camp morning breakfast.
2-3 tables of rendered bacon grease
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup of flower
- 4 cups of Whole Milk
You always have to start any gravy with some good bacon grease. You only need about 2 tablespoons or just enough to cover the bottom of a stainless or cast iron skillet. I prefer not to use a non-stick skillet.
- Add 1 stick of butter (1/2 Cup) to the bacon grease on medium heat and cook until the butter starts to brown.
- Then add 1/2 cup of flour. You need to cook it for several minutes to get a good flavor on your gravy.
- Brown the flour as much as you would like.
- Once you are happy with the color of the flower, add 4 cups of whole milk while stirring.
- For really smooth gravy make sure to continue to stir the gravy throughout the entire cooking process.
- Cook the gravy until you get a good smooth thick finish and enjoy some warm biscuits!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.